At the end of the South Carolina season you want to make sure your Float Air boat lift is in good condition for our mild winter. Here are a few tips to keep your lift in pristine condition:
- Keep your lift in the “UP” position in the winter, do not let it hang down in the water.
- Clean off any debris from your float tanks and algae from the sides of the tank.
- Inspect the hoses to make sure they are not damaged from rubbing on the frame, of being pinched by your boat. A leaking hose will mean your lift will do down.
- If there is any evidence of rodents chewing on your hoses, ask Master Docks for beaver guard protection to prevent a hose leak.
- Open and close the hose valves to make sure they work. If you are not using your lift for the winter close the valves.
- Make sure all the bolts on the lift are tight, ensure the “stop” on the side guide is tight and secure
- If you have access to a pressure washer clean of the galvanized frame, this should help preventing rust
- Make sure the pump is unplugged and in the “Store” position
You are all set until next season!